Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Meyhem Lauren & Buckwild LP coming

Followers of underground hardcore New York hip-hop is definitely well familiar with Queens spitter Meyhem Lauren by now. Through his many collaborations with J-Love and his crew The Outdoorsmen as well as his ill 2xCD debut album "Self Induced Illness" he has rightfully built a strong following. It seems that Meyhem has no plans of slowing things down for 2012 as he's preparing several new projects for the year as revealed in this great interview @ HipHopGame which I suggest y'all head over and read right away.

The most interesting part of the conversation was the revelation that Meyhem has recently begun recording a full-length album with legendary beatsmith Buckwild. Between this album, OC & Apollo Brown's upcoming joint, the promised new Show & AG LP and all the Lord Finesse projects on Slice-Of-Spice Records this will likely be a fantastic year for the D.I.T.C. crew. Check out the quotes from the Meyhem interview below. Shouts to Meta4 for sharing the information.

You’re working on an album with Buckwild now. How’s that coming?
"It’s in the real early stages. It’s dope. It’s what you’d expect. It’s real hip-hop, classic New York sound with the beats and rhymes. It’s coming along well."

How did the album even come about?
"That actually came about through Dante, Dante Ross. Dante was actually managing me for a couple of months and he’s like family to me. I would come through and I would rock shows and Dante would ask me about my management situation so he was managing me and one of the first things he told me was that he was close friends with Buckwild and he thought I was dope. I grew up on Buckwild so for me to hear that was dope! I didn’t even know Buckwild knew who I was. Me and him made everything official with him managing me and Bronson. He wanted to set it up with me and Buck and just do it. That’s how it started."

Are you recording everything together or sending files back and forth?
"Well, we started. He sent me one beat through email and I wrote something crazy to that. But we’re basically doing it the old school way, going to the lab together, writing joints, really doing this together. It’s not just like he’s emailing me a bunch of beats. We’re doing it in the flesh. That’s how it’s going down."

Will we hear this in 2012?
"Early. That’s the first thing I plan on dropping, early this year. Hopefully in the next two or three months, it should be wrapped."

Are you working on a solo album?
"The Buckwild project, that kind of came out of the blue with Dante. But I was already working on an album called Every Day is Thanksgiving. I’ve been working on that for awhile and that’s gonna be crazy. I got some of J-Love’s best production ever and it’s featuring Large Pro and Ayatollah. Just Blaze got me on something for that project. Me and Just have been really cool for a long time. We’ve been building for when the time is right for him to help me out with something. Earlier I didn’t even want to bother him with something but with this project, he’s got me. He’s been a man of his word since I’ve known him so you can definitely expect a Just Blaze joint on that album. It’s gonna be really, really, really crazy. I’m not gonna go in too much on the features. It’s just gonna be me and a couple members from the fam. But that should be coming out at the end of the year. Look for the Buckwild project relatively soon and then I’m gonna try and end the year with this Every Day is Thanksgiving LP."

No comments:

Post a Comment