Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Freddie Gibbs x Madlib - "Harolds"

"Pinata" is still some time away (was it February or March, can't really remember right now), but as long as they keep pumping out hot music like they've been doing for the last 1.5 years I'm very happy. It's the best Gibbs material I've heard, sure he's a fantastic emcees but I gotta admit that many of the beats he rocks over isn't really my style. But when both Gibbs and Mad seem to drag the best out of eachother, the resulting music is some of the best singles releases this year and late 2012. Recently we heard the absolutely excellent "Deeper", and now we are treated to the B-side of that EP and it's another sure shit - making sure these guy's chemistry is really something else. Called "Harolds" and if you have ripped these tracks, got them on wax, etc, you should do like me and make a compilation of all their released music so far as I did which gives great insight into what this album will actually sound like! Make sure to cop the EP straight from RappCats shop while it's still available!

No comments:

Post a Comment