Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

[DJ Mix] DJ SPINNA - "Jazz Attitudes Special Mix"

If you know me, then you are well aware that I'm not only a hip-hop - well hip-hop is my #1, but I absolutely love jazz music in almost all its forms, Soul/R&B (you know Beyonce, Rhianna, Kanye West on his 808s, and all that good shit... Or hell no, I'm talking Marvin Gaye, The Delphonics, etc.) and of course '70s funk (like Sly & The Family Stone, Parliament and Funkadelic, etc.) But I gotta say jazz and hip-hop is the thing that's getting the most spin on my turntables. And of course DJ Spinna is both a favorite DJ and producer so this exclusive Jazz set he put together on the Summer Madness 2 festival this September 4. Spinna is a master DJ on basically every genre, and here he lets agressive syncopated rhythms, vibes, a plethora of horns, both electric and stand-up bass and of course beautiful piano makes for an evening that I'm sure was unforgettable to those we were there. And for thsoe of us who wasn't, I strongly recommend checking this out - even if you're not a jazz fanatic like myself it's a very good chance you really gonna dig this - stream it below or click this direct link! TURN IT UP FELLAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment