Total Pageviews

Friday, May 9, 2014

[Album] D.I.T.C. - "The Remix Project"

As I haven't been able to update for a few days I missed writing about the original release of this on the 7th, but you know that D.I.T.C. is my favorite crew and having listened to this many, many times already - I can tell you that this is definitely one you don't want to miss out on. Sure, we D.I. heads heard the lyrics many times but we get all new beats from Diamond D, Buckwild, Lord Finesse, Showbiz, DJ Premier and Ogee, plus Marco Polo, Alchemist and Bink does a real good job of hooking up boom banging beats as well. The only track I really didn't feel was Apollo Brown's take on "All Love", it's not bad or anything but it doesn't really gel with the sound of the LP. The most interesting track for me is probably Lord Finesse's remix of "Thick", not necessarily because it's the best beat (it is fucking tight though), but because it seems to be using acapellas of an older, previously unreleased version of "Thick" as Big L's vere is very different and OC spits a completely different one - albeit one that without a doubt sounds like it was written for the "Worldwide" album. I would love to see this get a vinyl release, it would look and sound incredible on double vinyl and would fit in nicely within my collection but the chances are slim. You can however purchase it on a very limited CD (200 copies) together with a T-shirt for 40$.... Now had it been wax, I would've been right there ordering!

01. "We All" [Alchemist Remix]
02. "Da Enemy" [Bink Remix]
03. "All Love" [Apollo Brown Remix]
04. "Thick Lord" [Lord Finesse Remix]
05. "Best Behavior" [Showbiz Remix #1]
06. "Diggin' in the Crates" [DJ Premier Remix]
07. "Casualties of  a Dice Game" [Buckwild Remix]
08. "Time To Get This Money" [9th Wonder Remix]
09. "Internationally Known" [Diamond D Remix]
10. "Way Of Life" [Marco Polo Remix]
11. "Drop It Heavy" [Buckwild Remix]
12. "Foundation" [O.Gee Remix]
13. "Best Behavior" [Showbiz Remix #2]
14. "Casualties Of A Dice Game" [9th Wonder Remix]

No comments:

Post a Comment