Total Pageviews

Monday, May 19, 2014

[Exclusive] ROME CLIENTEL - "How Can I Not Fall"

Since I first heard New York emcee Rome Clientel I was absolutely floored by his unique wordplay, well written and thought provoking lyrics and great ear for beats. On his first three mini albums ("The Empire" series) he worked with producers such as ATG, Just Blaze, Kount Fif and others but the truth is that the Elmira native is actually skilled in the trade of beat making himself too. This is proven on the exclusive Lost Tapes single "How Can I Not Fall" where Rome hooks up a melancoly piano melody underlined by some real hard ass drums which almost works as a counterpoint to the otherwise somber, laid-back jazz vibe of the track. Rome is in fine form as usual on here as he's never one to shy away from getting introspective which is just what the beat calls for. "How Can I Not Fall" is nothing short of a piece of art, and I am very, very grateful to Rome for letting The Lost Tapes host it as an exclusive, and I also want to send peace to my man The Militia for his help in setting it up. TURN IT UP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment