Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 13, 2016

[EP] RAY WEST Presents LORD TARIQ - "Uptown Suite"

 Making the "LUV NY" album I visited my man Ray West's Bandcamp I came across some really hot shit form lat year htat i initially missed due to the fact that I kind of lost interest in Hip Hop there for  a minute (in favor of Jazz). I said it before that when Ray West first came on to the scene with his production on AG's "Get Berries"  and some of the subsequent mixtapes. I really missed Showbiz and wondered why AG was allowing an (at the time) unknown and up and coming producer handle all the music on his records. "LUV NY" was a lot more impressive but the one LP that really, really swayed me was West's collaboration with ny favorite emcee, "Ray's Caf√©". Still to this day it holds up as one of OC's best albums in recent years, and together with subsequent work on albums by John Robinson and P.80s I realized  that one of West's strongest talents is his ability to conform to his collaborator. This makes each Ray West album or EP a unique experience, and the same can be said about his four track suite with the legendary Money Bo$$ Player known as Lord Tariq. You can stream and buy the full album @ Red Apple's Bandcamp.

´

No comments:

Post a Comment