Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 14, 2016

KRS-ONE / Swizz BEATS - "Jason Verse"

Oh yes, I know I'm late as fruck on this one but KRS-One is one of my favorite emcees in if just one head missed this when it dropped about 1.5 weeks ago then I'm happy. Despite this being a verse and a hook over the same beat Swizz Beatz recently gave to Styles P for his single "Jason" this is truly excellence right here, and it's shit like this that can restore my faith in Hip Hop. It's called "Jason Remix" and clocks in at just under two minutes, but what a blazing two mintues that is! Unlike some of KRS's so-so material over the years, not to mention Swizz Beats even more so so-so material, I didn't have that high hopes but I know that when they both bring their A game absolute magic can happen, and that is exactly what happened here. Over a very raw, stripped down/minimalist approach wit 808 type of drums and a repetitive bassline the beat sounds tailor made for KRS. And not the KRS One of today, but for BDP. You got the political verse and the hook proudly exclaims over and over again "BDP POSSE, D-BLOCK POSSE, RUFF RYDERS POSSE". I would love a new BDP album with this type of sound - BRING IT ON KRIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment