Total Pageviews

Friday, May 13, 2011

TRINITY (Sadat X, AG & DJ Jab)

My internet connection has been totally killing me lately and now I notice that my latest posts have dissapeared so i'll have to redo them quick. This one is about the trio, Trinity, which is a project that was announced back in late 2009 during the sad days that the incredible DJ Roc Raida left us to mourn; Trinity, which are Sadat X (Brand Nubian) and AG (DITC) together with DJ Jab and broke the news that they were working on an album together and leaked their first song together. Fittingly it was a tribute to the late great X-Ecutioners DJ, simply called "Tribute to Roc Raida" and despite the serious subject matter and this coming from two of my favorite emcees in the game right now I was not too impressed by the track.

Since then Doddy X and The Giant has worked together on a few songs, always displaying great chemistry and showing potentital for an eventual Trinity album. I have no clue who DJ Jab is or if he's going to produce the album at all but Diamond D who worked with the duo on "In Da Jungle" from "Wild Cowboys II" also laced an absolutely insane joint that came out of nowhere with a video featuring the duo with no info attached to it. I have included it as a bonus for those who slept since "The Time is Now" is something you don't want to miss! Trust!
The new song and video, at the top of the page, is called "20 In" and is definitely a Trinity track since it's labeled as just that and features cuts from DJ Jab. I believe the album will be called just "The Trinity Project" and will be released via Fat Beats Records sometime during this year. The way AG and Sadat goes back and forth during their verses really makes me hype for this project. TURN IT UP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment